Friday, March 2, 2018


Jesus blew me a kiss. 
It happened last year but I think of it often. I really want to share it with you. 
There's a famous quote that Jesus made on the night before He was crucified.  It had to do with all His close friends falling asleep during His time of need. It was that lonely Holy Thursday night when He was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane. Well, o.k. I don't have the exact quote but it was something like... Hey come on people wake up! It's crunch time. Won't you keep me company for at least an hour? But anyway, as it turned out they didn't. They were tired and oblivious. So because of that night we have a tradition to go to the church and spend at least one hour of  undivided attention in front of the exposed Blessed Sacrament. A time to reflect and pray.
So last year I went to the church to pay my respect and sadly I just could not concentrate. My mind was bouncing all over the place. I even felt myself getting drowsy. So after only a very short time I decided this is crazy. I might as well go home because at least when I was home I had my mind on the Lord. Here at church I have my mind on everything else.  I felt very guilty but ....with reverence, still I turned and walked away. I opened the door to leave. But before I left I turned around and assured Jesus that I know when I leave His house that He will still be with me. I understand You are in my heart Dear Lord. Right?  Right then- I kissed my hand and blew the kiss up to the Monstrance sitting on the altar.
This kiss thing is not what I have ever done while leaving church.

The next day was Good Friday. That's the day Jesus hung on the cross....for sinners like me. 
He is the Lamb of God.
 So generally we fast and abstain from meat. Later, at suppertime I was with my oldest daughter and the grandchildren were hungry. I took us all out to eat. We went to Seafood Sam's down by the water. I let the family decide where to sit and I just followed along. A little girl saw us enter the room and she got pretty excited. That was cute. She was such a little child, but very aware. She looked about 2 years old. She was with her Mother. As they were getting up to leave, we were coming in the room. So we had to pass each other. And as we meet, the little girl kisses her hand and blows it right up in the air in front of me. I reach out, catch it with my hand and press it gently on my cheek in a soft, tiny little circular motion. As soon as I do ....tears well up in my eyes.

I suddenly KNOW in my soul that was JESUS!

The Mother smiled and they were gone from my view.

Think about how many times we see Jesus and don't know.

No comments: