Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Making Madonnas



In my profile I declare "I'm just me." Do you wonder what that means? If I went to your blog and I read that you were "Just You"...I wouldn't have a clue as to what that even means; unless I knew you already.
In my case it means that I'm kind of shy. I'm reluctant to tell you what a weirdo I really am so I just try to keep it short and to the point thus hoping you will think that by stating "I'm just me." I mean that I'm just like you too. I wish it were so. .... sigh ....
Anyway... there's no use trying to explain who I am because it doesn't matter. Like I said -- I'm just me. All that really matters is that you are welcome here and I'm very happy to share.
Now about this post....it was supposed to be about my art work and not about me. I like to needle felt. I'm so passionate about my art that I get a little insecure when it comes time to show it. I know I'm not alone when I tell you my feelings here, that it never seems done or ready or good enough or in the case of making Madonnas -worthy of it's subject matter.
These ornaments are inspired by the whole concept of unconditional love. This is my impression of our Blessed Mother Mary and Lord Jesus. I like creating this theme because it's soothes my soul. I'm more aware of my own creation. Much of my time creating anything is spent with hymns, prayer and supplication. Needle felting takes a lot of time and the mind does wander. So creating a theme like this helps me to focus on something of substance and to forget for awhile all worldly cares. I'm always amazed to witness clean, carded, raw wool be transformed from pure fluff into an object of art. In this case the object is also a soft reminder of tender love.

No comments: